Figures, Dates, Facts
Blomberg in figures
- The city is located in the district of Lippe
- Government District of Detmold
- Federal State of North Rhine Westphalia (Nordrhein-Westfalen)
- GKZ 05.766.016
- The surface area of the urban area amounts to 99.11 square kilometres.
On 1st January 2016, Blomberg was inhabited by
- a total of 16,381 people,
- of which 50.15 per cent were male
- and 49.85 per cent were female,
- minors (under 18 years) 2,833 (17.6 per cent)
- over 65s 3,309 (20.2 per cent)
- Main residence 15,864
- Secondary residence 517
- 8434 people have their main residence in the town centre, which corresponds to 51.5 per cent
- Divided in terms of faith,
- 53.3 are Evangelical
- and 9.6 per cent are Catholic,
- 37.1 belong to neither of these churches.
- 1030 foreigners (6.3 per cent)
- 79 nations are represented, the largest groups of foreigners are the Dutch with 175 persons closely followed by the Turkish with 173.
More figures/data/facts about Blomberg can be found on the websites of the Nord-Rhein Westfalen State Office for Date Processing and Statistics (LDS NRW).